I found inspiration on one of my favorite blogs, The Sneeze, which has a recurring feature called Steve, Don't Eat It!, in which he eats various inadvisable things. I've been thinking a lot about what goes into my mouth lately - I've lost nearly 25 pounds since January (with more to go), partly by keeping a food log. Now, I wouldn't expect you to be interested in what I ate for lunch today, but if I was to eat something unusual every day...
And so, for the month of April, I am launching Project Gastronome, in which I will be trying a new, unusual, or awful food every weekday and writing about it here. I've set down a few guidelines for myself:
- This isn't a volume or speed eating project.
- Courtney and I gave up dining out for Lent, so all foods must either be purchased at the store or online, and will be prepared at home.
- Any food can be covered up to the point where it becomes edible. Although some of these foods will, by necessity, need preparation, I'm going to do my best to stay true to the spirit of the food.
- We're traveling for weddings a few weekends this month, so I'm only going to be doing this on weekdays.
- April 4-8: Animal
- April 11-15: Vegetable
- April 18-22: Potable
- April 25-29: Questionable