SCENARIO: A farmer is traveling with a fox, a goose, and a sack of grain. He approaches a river which he must cross.
- If the goose is left alone with the grain, the grain will be eaten.
- If the fox is left alone with the goose, the goose will be eaten.
- The boat has room for the farmer and one other item, nothing more.
SOLUTION: Can be found at the link above. (HINT - the farmer can also be by himself in the boat)
Once you've got it worked out, here's a tougher one.
SCENARIO: Danny's wife works nights, meaning that he must bathe the couple's three darling children by himself.
- The tub is big enough for two darling children, no more.
- For the duration of bath time, Danny is essentially stuck in the bathroom, as CPS looks suspiciously on bathtub drownings.
- If Blake is left alone with either of the other two darling children, he will torment them into tears.
- If Ava is left alone in the tub, she will play "Mermaid," which is a game where she puts her face in the water and kicks both of her legs together as though they are one great fin, splashing water everywhere.
- If Jack is put in his room (right next door to the bathroom) with the baby gate in front of the door, he will scream loudly and without cease until you yearn for deafness.
- If Jack is left to roam free, he will grab any loose item he can find and stash it in his little hidey-hole in the linen closet. Please see the picture below, which is all the items I pulled out of there this morning.
Not pictured - Ava's shoes, which I searched for this morning for over 30 minutes
SOLUTION: Dude, I don't know...